Monday, October 3, 2011

Smoking

As many know, smoking is bad for health. The government and NGOs had invested tonnes of effort and money to make campaign, make advertisement through media, and design those gross pictures...just to make people quit. I don't know how many people quit because of these.

In other words, what I'm trying to say here is that most people quit because of personal reason rather than the advertisement. Seriously, no one would freak out to see those burned-black lungs or rotten mouth, mostly they are encouraged by their own personal reasons.

On the surface, smoking might be seen as something bad. Just like me, my affections to a guy would drop more than 50% if I find out that the guy is actually a smoker, regardless of whether he's a social or regular one. But if you give a second thought, why would they smoke? Some because they wanted to be macho, I have no comments on that.

I was having lunch with my friend, who is one of the nicest person in my house, when she said she smoke, I can't deny how utterly shock I was inside, but definitely I can't show it on my face. All I could comfort myself is by accepting the fact that this is KTJ, this is how most people's lifestyle is.

Then I asked her, how does it feels like to smoke. I won't go into the description of how does she feels, but my point here is that, she understands the fact that smoking is not good for her. The good thing is that she's now surrounded by people who don't smoke, so she won't be agitated to smoke, but if she's in a party or somewhere where people smoke, you know~

She also said that it isn't easy to say quit if you want to quit. The best thing is to be in the right place, be with the right people, gradually you will get away from those addiction, but bear in mind, it is not easy.

Smoking actually wasn't something bad, it release stress if you take one or two. Just like drugs. Isn't it good for your health? You won't burn your lungs at that extend and still can make yourself more relaxed. The bad part is that people tend to say, this is a good way, I'm gonna continue with it, plus the addictive substance in the cigarette itself...that's how people destruct their health because they abused it.

I'm not trying to make up this theory just because my friend is a very nice person. She let me think more deep into this idea that people who smokes are bad and silly people. They never realized how they could end up by doing this. Not all people who smokes are bad people. They smoke for a reason, I'm not saying about those who wants to be macho. They quit also for a reason, not necessarily for the advertisements.

Not saying that those advertisements are completely useless, they are the ones who keep motivating those who intend to quit but not enough courage to.

I'm also not trying to say that people who wants to smoke should smoke. It's better to not smoke rather than controlling the amount of cigarettes you smoke. That makes life a lot easier. Sometimes it 's easy to say no. Just make yourself feel uncomfortable for that second to say no, better than being uncomfortable the whole life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment