Thursday, June 9, 2016

Ambitious

Hi there. God can't believe this is my first post here of this year.

Since this year I've fell out of the radar of almost every human being on earth who knows me. Anyway, if anyone is actually still reading this, this is a bit of what I have been doing for this 6 months.

I've made a music website from scratch. It's called The Scandinavian Sound. Now this blog is mainly inspired of my curiosity and love for Scandinavian pop music so I started this. Over the time came more ideas and honestly, it is one of proudest brainchild till date because I feel useful and progressive while doing it. I felt like I am creating and putting ideas into reality. Through the process, I also learnt a lot of things unexpected, and it has been a pretty wonderful journey. It is fun. 

But there were and are times I come to a cross road. I pause to think what exactly does this blog mean? What is the purpose? Often times I find myself going back to the About section to remind myself again the reason I started this blog. And often times I find myself pausing to think where is this blog going to? Is it going to be a legit website where it starts becoming profitable? Or it is going to be just another personal blog for fun?

Same thing goes to content writing. When I write those posts at times I feel like it sounds like a personal ranting, at times I avoid using the word "I" to attempt sounding more professional. Then here is the crossroad again. Am I a music blogger or a music reviewer? What direction am I going? Do I attempt to use this blog as a stepping stone to achieve a career in professional music reviewing or I'm sticking to the job of creating websites and contents.

Guess because I play all the roles in making this website. I'm the CEO, I'm the writer, I'm the designer, I'm the admin and I'm also the tech guy. At all these different aspects I attempt to achieve the best possible results. I even considered learning coding for the sake of being able to create a website from scratch. The prospect of that seem exciting to be honest.

At the same time, I'm also only one person. It's impossible for me to split into so many parts at the same time consistently as long as this website runs. It is an exciting thing to learn so many things that compose one single end result - the website, however there are times it felt like it was out of reach.

I planned to write 3 more reviews for today but here I ended up. It was a relief though. To be able to speak freely without giving much thought is a release for me. I like to write, but writing a blog and writing a review is different. 

Maybe I am too ambitious. Or over idealistic. Now, I'm not gonna make this blog my lifelong career for now. I don't want to put a deadline or certain target to it either to stress myself out, although having a direction is certainly a good thing. But for now, it is one good source that gives me happiness. Despite the crossroads that I constantly face, I too enjoy the fun of writing and designing and decorating and learning things. Not every single thing that I learn has to matter. At some point it is unnecessary to be hard on one self. Take things light.

Now I feel better hah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment