Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm younger, you're older...wait, I should be your senior!

When I was young, I used to think that all the ones that were born in my year will be my friend, well at least we know each other~and others are considered senior or junior.

After coming to KTJ, I have to say, I was facing a huge confusion between the age and the form of students. Trust me, only this week I can make some sense out of these sort of logic like this person is in Form 5 but only 15 and that one is Form 2 but 11.

Such things doesn't exist in my previous schools.

I don't know whether I should consider myself lucky or not to be in the "normal" group, which means I'm January intake all the January intakes were born in the same year as me. It doesn't make any difference with schooling period previously.

However now when the new batch came in, some of them from outside are my age, that's not a problem. The weird thing happens is when you see those who were supposingly studying one year later than us were actually the same batch as the ones but no! They were in the same batch as the ones who share the same age as me. They look like friends but not like friends....Forgive me, this is the interpretation of my confused illogical mind.

Then, only I realized that when I step out to the real world in the future, I'm gonna mix with people from older and younger than me and we can even be best friends. I guess gradually, the barrier within my heart will slowly disappear as I get myself used to these kind of situation, I won't get that kind of crazy feeling where I feel like I'm talking to a junior because she's younger than me in any ways~

Speaking about junior, sometimes it's crazy when I think about the new batch who was supposed to be my junior, were actually elder than me in terms of age! Even difference in months will let me feel the difference in our seniority. Hence, most of them were actually elder than me in terms of months and I do feel like speaking to my sister but sometimes I feel like I'm speaking to my junior....confusing eh?

I guess same goes to my batch's August intake. Sometimes although knowing that they were one year older than us, I still feel like we were just friends, there's no seniority elements in it. And when the last January intake was here, some of them were actually younger than my batch's August intake but I will have the feeling like the January intakes are older~

I think this weird situation occurs not only to me but also to a lot of people here. But I guess this won't be their greatest concern since some of them had been here since young~

No comments:

Post a Comment