Friday, May 4, 2012

Living in a Lie

Just finished composing a song, well I supposed it's a song...instead of a poem or others...
Anyway, I was inspired to write something like a song or a poem because I was inspired by a "betrayal".
Ok, not exactly a betrayal but I thought I was a special friend to my friend. I mean, I shared all my secrets with her and she told me hers. But now, she didn't update me but instead, she told the other person which coincidentally not someone that I favour. 

Nevertheless, I got inspiration from there but this "song" is not gonna be about that. It's about a girl who has happily mistaken the guy's gestures as a hint to tell her that he has a crush on her. But instead it was just herself thinking too much and the best part is, he has a crush on another girl and he sees this girl as her best friend. So she was mistaken for it but it wasn't the guy's fault because it was her who imagines on her own and now she has to take responsibility of all the wounds by herself.

I wanna make this song into a love song, between couples instead of friends like me and that friend, so I used an example of my another friend who currently has a pretty cool prom date, but she thinks that the guy has a crush on her so she's starting to fall for him, which is pretty dangerous at the same time. So, I apologize since I used them as reference if they didn't really work out :/ Wish them all the best anyway.
So here we go!


Flowers and letters they all turned to dust
Words and promises were nothing but my imagination
Was it just the innate feature of a girl?
Do you call that normal?
But it hurts too much

You look into my eyes
You told me no lies
Yet you bid me goodbye
I could only blame myself and cry

I’ve been living in a lie
All you gave me was a lie

I remember how you hold my hand
That moment I thought I was your girlfriend
Didn’t you see the blush on my face?
You told me all about her
Your that smile is what I desired

I wonder, for you, how friends are defined
Tell them secrets,
Kiss their faces,
But never said that “you are mine”

I wonder, for you, how lovers are defined
Tell them secrets,
Kiss their faces,
Then tell them “you are mine”?






No comments:

Post a Comment