Sunday, July 22, 2012

Suits

It's pretty surprising how I didn't go all out fangurling and blogging about it instantly as soon as I got hooked on Suits. I guess I must be busy watching this TV Drama whole day until I can't afford to get extract extra time to write. So I've decided to do it now.

Suits, you might wonder why I'm here talking about men's wear. Wrong. People who've heard or watched it will know that I'm talking about Suits-the legal drama by USA network.


Suits talk about New York's best closer, Harvey Spector (Gabriel Macht) getting promoted to Senior Partner but under the condition that he needs to hire an associate. On the other hand, the college dropout Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams) who has an Eidetic memory, was helping his old best friend Trevor (Tom Lipinski) for drug trafficking, so happened bumped into Harvey's associate interview specially for Harvard Law school student. In order to run away from the cops, he imposed himself as a Harvard law student who came for the interview. Needless to say, he got the position, but make sure to check out the process of Harvey hiring him, it's mind blowing!

A lot of my friends been recommending me to watch this show, but being a anti-fan of tv shows, I just laugh through and forget about it until this holiday then a decided to give it a shot and they were right! What's so great about this legal drama when there are also others like The Good Wife or Fairly Legal? I personally thinks that this show focus less on the drama but more on the legal knowledge. It's more education type rather than drama type, something similar to CSI. The drama part is mostly just a connection between the characters to make everything make sense.

Put aside the legal knowledge, Suits is also more or less like a moral lesson with quotes that will wake you up. Take for example, Harvey once told Mike who was under pressure and wanted to quit, winners don't make excuses when the other side plays the game. That, was just one of the millions.

Apart from that, Suits also have jokes that could crack me up better than my favourite comedy-Modern Family. For example, there was a scene where Harvey was representing his driver in an accident trial, the other taxi driver was the plaintiff. After the plaintiff finished talking, Harvey's driver told him, "Forget about it, they're gonna make him president." There are more that you can find in the drama. Most of the jokes here doesn't happen with big, funny gestures that make you laugh, but most of it came from the character itself. This show is also well-known with quoting movie lines including Battleship Galactica, Mississippi Burning, Dirty Dancing and many more.

Maybe because this was the first drama that I followed every episode that's why I was all excited and praises for this Suits. But I don't remember being all crazy with Glee after watching its pilot, or maybe Suits is just really that special to me :)

What a waste of talents when none of them got nominated for Emmy, I really hope maybe their second season will get some recognition next year!

p/s: I found a few pretty good tumblr site for this TV show, this is my favourite one but if you google tumblr suits, you can find more :)
Sall Things-Suits

No comments:

Post a Comment