Monday, June 24, 2013

Haze

Days ago my father called me for god knows how many times just to express his concern on the recent terrible haze that's sweeping the whole penisular like some kind of lethal virus. Haze is a regular visitor of the south penisular of Malaysia and it certainly didn't surprise me much this time. Besides, last week it was clear blue sky with the summer wind here in Kampar. It was never my concern around here until yesterday night.

I say before it made me asthmatic, I succumbed to the paranoia of surviving under such condition without any air filter or air conditioner at home while I'm sleeping. I cannot picture myself getting an asthma attack in the midst of having my mid term exams! True the PSI here still seem healthy but this is just the first day! The trend for this haze in the other places south last week was accelerating fast. No, it was leaping. It can go from 170/180 till 300/400 by tomorrow. There's no where for me to run because cancelling class doesn't seem to be ideal either since I'm only surviving under a fan, no filter, nothing. Although it has been awhile since I had my asthma but this is the first time I would be facing such terrible haze with fan and mask solely. Not to mention I still need to go outdoors and fulfill my daily needs. I don't have a car! I could only cycle or walk which obviously exposes me to the polluted dust and air. Of course, this also means that I have to dine in air-conditioned restaurants again to avoid this haze and that means higher food expenses!

I even have to debate when and how many times would be the ideal number to assure my cleaniness. I feel sticky now and I want to bathe. But if I bathe and I go out for dinner or whatsoever, I could see those dust and particles sticking on my hair and I have to sleep and live with that. Or what? I need to hold myself until I completed my daily errands and then I'll shower? Or what? wash my hair before and after?!
 
Sigh this haze and paranoia has made me losing my mind literally! It's been bugging me even in class! I can't even focus in class properly and I'm goddamn tired. Totally not in a good mood, everything just piss me off for no reason. The only thing that can satisfy me this time is making progress in my assignments or studies or tutorials. I doubt even chocolate could help much this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment