Sunday, June 30, 2013

Technically possible but impossible

I used to have this list of things that are known as "Technically possible but practically impossible" (confusing much?) to the extent that I wanted to make it into a blog post, like just now. Maybe because I didn't write it down, that's why I can't remember most of them except things like "Joking around with Leonardo Dicaprio" or "Being best friends with the person you admire a lot" etc. 

But on second thought, I wondered some of these things, indeed, needed some help from Lady Luck. Since it's technically possible, how is it impossible. Yeah probably it's the factor of fate, luck and destiny you might say. But it IS possible right?

Last weekend I attended this soft skill programme called "Take Charge!" It pretty much teaches you about confidence, how you should take charge of your own destiny. Generally I'm on the same side as the facilitator, except for the fact he doesn't believe at luck at all. Every moment is a choice. Every choice is MY choice. This is one of the many things he wants us to keep in mind. I don't deny it does help though when you pause for a moment and think carefully at everything you choose. From "where should I go for dinner" to "which route should I take to reach my destination at the shortest time" or "what can I do to get that person's attention", it is all a choice. Even when someone suggested what about an traffic accident, apparently it's our own choice to be at that place that moment. We chose to be there at that time.

Nonetheless, other than things like human flying or living underwater, I guess meeting Leonardo Dicaprio is still something possible. Sounds unrealistic and this is where luck plays its part. Luck is a thing that makes unrealistic things possible. Luck can't help you grow wings to fly, but with a little bit of luck and more of our own choices we could get into a spaceship and go outer space right? Luck doesn't give you ability to play magic and show up in front of Leonardo in a split second, but it does give you the opportunity to meet him if the choices are right, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment