Friday, October 4, 2013

Thoughts at the end of the day

It's 1am and I just got my lazy ass off to shower and had slightly a little more energy. So, I came up with this hypothetical question while combing my hair, people say money can't buy happiness, but are people selling happiness for money? Money for what? Comfort?

This idea came across not because I was combing my hair, but because I had a brief conversation regarding the different kinds of people on Facebook, particularly on the annoying ones. One of them shared that there are this kind of "Facebookers" who intend to promote themselves to become more popular on Facebook. So basically these kind of users would inbox you and "remind" you to like her pictures (most of them would be girls) to gain her more popularity.

So what my friend would do is to un-friend her right away. Right, this is not a discussion about different types of Facebook users, but this provoked the idea that I am about to discuss right now. Why do these people do things like this? Purely for fame? or for money?

What about people like office workers, the drivers whose cars are stuck in massive, horrid traffic jams for hours every day, are they happy with what they are doing everyday? If not, why are they doing it? What are they trading it with? Money? For what? Comfort?

I guess ultimately it comes down to another thing called responsibility. Many of them do not do it for a living for themselves, but rather for a family. Just like me. At some point, to be honest, it feels pathetic. I mean, sometimes I do ask myself why can't I be smart and at the same time my passion is medicine, engineering, mathematics etc...something that would already guarantee a smooth, affluent living? And to trade happiness for responsibility, completely, is kinda pathetic at the same time. 

Thus, I think balance is important. Responsibility is important but passion or innate talent is equally important.  It's something that you shouldn't forget and just dump it aside. Or I suppose no one would ever forget something like that. I once read that if you just ignore these innate talent, for example, drawing, eventually it will really leave you. Reason being because these kind of things require practice. It won't remain there if you don't appreciate that talent.

I guess that's about all. 1.21pm and my mind is getting dizzy now. Time to sleep I guess! Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment