Sunday, May 27, 2012

Good Looks

Love, they said, is not just about looks.
Well, I can tell you, at least for me,

IT'S A LIE.

For the past week I've encountered 2 really really cute guys. One is fiction, the other one is not.
We'll start with the human first. Phillip Phillips. Sometimes, I feel like all those justification on how he's musically talented, how he's such a nice and humble person, how unique is his voice and his talent etc. is merely an excuse for his good looks. Well, I don't deny all the claims above but honestly, the main thing is his looks. Lee Dewyze and "friends" ain't that good looking either that's why I wouldn't give a damn about how talented they are. I sound really mean don't I? You guys should already know as I've dedicated an article specially on him, so I don't need more explanation.

As for the other one, the cartoon character, it's Flynn Rider. Those of you who have watched Tangled should know who is he. Indeed! He's Eugene Fitzcherbert. (Who's that?!)
Anyway, he's the male lead. In the movie he's simple so cute that..ugh! All the while my friends are telling me how handsome and charming he is, how nice the song "I see the light" was, but I never believed it. To me, nothing could beat the princes and other male lead in the 90s Disney cartoons and this Flynn Rider is definitely the worst! At that point, I even find that this movie was a failure of Disney movies! It seems like Disney has lost the ability to create the authentic cartoon which are hand drawn, but instead resort to these over commercialized computer animation. 2 days ago, I got the movie from Umi, so I watched it. 

Throughout the movie, I kept telling myself, I'll take back my words. I can't believe I criticized this movie! I'm not giving too much compliment on the movie, but I'm impressed with the small small details that are presented by the characters! It really made the cartoon characters very real, unlike other regular computer animated movies! Maybe it was the impact of Cinderella, which I just watched right before watching Tangled. I must say I was a little disappointed but it wasn't Disney's fault. I mean c'mon! Almost all of the Disney movies I've watched it in the 90s when I was still in kindergarten. The oldest is probably in primary school, which means I wasn't more than 12 years old at that time! The great memories that they've given me are PRICELESS. Even now when I look back those cartoon, I can vaguely remember some scenes but the feeling is not there anymore. However, I'm still impress with the technique, especially through hand drawing they could create such lively characters are just brilliant! Take for example, Pocohantas and The Lion King.

Cinderella was the only Disney Princess movie that I've never watch when I was young, I mean not the whole thing. So the other day, I didn't watch the whole movie either but man the drawing is just so...raw. I can't blame them since it was made in the 1950s. I guess that's why Tangled left a very wonderful impression on me. 

Back to Flynn Rider. I cannot believe myself finding him handsome! I mean especially when I see him with goatie~I hate guys with goatie honestly. But I guess it was his character, his wit, his intelligence had made me totally in love with him~Now I understand how those anime fans fancy those unrealistic cartoon characters. So I thought, how nice if I could find a boyfriend this good looking but that was a little ambitious for me. For me, to spark the chemistry, looks go first, then the feel. It's about the whole package. The looks is a very very very huge bonus for a guy, to me. If he's got the looks, he could win my heart in almost everything. As in, if he's good looking, everything he does seems fine. If he's not good looking for me, it's hard for me to appreciate anything he does. This sounds wrong isn't it but guys, deep down in girls' heart, looks really really matters.

How did I came up with this article, it's right after I saw one school staff performing. Well, he's definitely got the looks but I did not fall for him clearly, but like what I've just said. If he's got the looks, everything he does seems fine, good or bad. Seeing that staff performing just made me almost fell for him if I'm not careful enough. I believe I'm not the only girl who thinks like that. So yeah, seeing him on stage just made me succumb to the fact that looks does matter for a guy, to me. I admit that all those statements made on Phillip Phillips and Flynn Rider seems more like a lie rather than a pure reason I was mesmerized by them, but they are all true.

Speaking of looks, I think I have almost come to the point that you need to be pretty enough to catch the eyes of a guy or, guys. People always said beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but, how many guys can do that? All guys fall for pretty women or ladies. Girls who lack the looks would not catch their eye, or maybe will only catch those who are less good looking? which is something I never desired for. I came to this conclusion after watching Notting Hill last night, seeing how William Becka fell for Anna Scott, mainly because she's a super star and she's got the looks! That's why the guy was giving a chance to her and willing to do anything for her. When a guy opens his door for you and let you in, when he could see you through, that's where he would understand your feelings. And the key to the door would be mainly good looks. I wouldn't deny that there are other factors for people to get through that door but I supposed the looks is the main factor.

Of course, how beautiful is beautiful? At this point, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder would be a valid argument. Some people find a girl pretty but some might not think the same. It also depends on what kind of people that you wish to date. If you want to date a guy who's like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt, you gotta set yourself up to the par.Sounds like business but it's true. Some people are satisfied even though the girl doesn't look like Brook Shields, it all depends on one's personal taste.

I seem to be deviating from my topic. Nevertheless, if looks doesn't work out, the next most important thing would be the feel. If you feel right and know that the person is the one you can harbour, you can rely on, then go for it. You feel comfortable even if they are not good looking, as always, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The person you love will always be the most good looking one. Maybe that's why people said love is blind xP

Do I sound complicated? Maybe I do. Sound off in the comments if you think so. I guess the late night is making me kinda, drunk. haha. Alright! toodles people! Au voir~

No comments:

Post a Comment