Saturday, May 26, 2012


Phillip Phillips is my American Idol!!! <3

First of all I have no idea why I can't put in a title. Ok let's start!



Heheh, Today is a great day to start, never even anticipate that!
Last night I even told myself, if Jessica Sanchez wins, it's good for me too! Cuz' I don't have to go bother all these comments, especially some hyperactive Filipino comments. I mean, technically Jessica hasn't even set foot on that land!
Whatever it is, today is the best day of the year as my idol Phillip Phillips was crowned as this season's American Idol!!! *woohoo! Three cheers from this humble musician from Leesburg, Georgia.

I'm currently jamming his latest winning single-Home. It sounds like folk with shadows of Mumford and Sons. I LOVE IT. It sound so sweet an it's definitely different from all Idol singles that I've ever heard before.

I remember seeing him on the audition episode of American Idol, right away I set my eyes on him and gave my bet that he could be the winner of American Idol. Well, maybe not just him. I also set my eye on Colton Dixon because honestly, this 2 guys are freaking talented and they had the whole package of being an artist! A true musician and for me, that's what American Idol desperately needs for the winner. And because of the both of them, I changed my view of not watching American Idol this year because I can't stop telling myself this: This year has a lot of freakish talent and I was right! Even all the top 10, well, maybe top 7 deserved to be the winner! It's kinda a pity for them to have to compete with each other when all of them are winners in their own genre of music.

Being a cute guy with unique raw talents ain't the only thing I like about him. His humble and friendly attitude just made my heart melt instantly, especially his bromance with Heejun, who's another contestant that I respect because he retain his Korean roots in him though after years living in the States. He always bow everytime when people applauded for his performance. So Heejun and Phillip bonded really well at the very start of the competition and apparently Phillip has became the "adopted" brother of Heejun in Han's family!
I remember there's once I saw on twitter where Heejun actually brought him for Korean breakfast with rice and soup. That's just such a heartwarming moment, and honestly for me, it was an amusing thing to see how these 2 distinctly different individuals in terms of race could actually be so close to the extend of being brothers! :') Another thing was when Heejun was announced as one of the top 24, Phillip was actually the one who stood outside to greet his good news. Check out this clip:
see how close they are? And these 2 brothers are even given the nickname of Pheejun.
Here's another one 
How could I not love this bromance couple?!
And I remember there was this other time, around when the top 13 was just selected. Heejun actually took care of Phillip when Phillip had to undergo kidney surgery. I mean TOP 13, it was just about the start of the competition.

Looking back at his audition video once again after his winning, I can't help but felt overwhelmingly proud of this humble musician. Even at the moment he was announced as the winner, I started to think back the time when he auditioned and how his father express his feelings of how proud he is with this son. This is what he said : -
You can't even put words on it, because it makes, especially a parent feel so proud. I mean you swell up and, as a man, you just swell up and you're just so proud and OOGHHH you know, it just makes you wanna just bust. American Idol will change his life because this is what he wants.

He mentioned how much he wanted to use this opportunity to show the world what he's got and just can't let it slip away.  Check out his audition video.



All these words reappeared in my head when he emerged as the winner on Wednesday night. In my head I kept saying "YOU DID IT! YES PHILLIP YOU DID IT! YOU HAVE SUCCEED, OVERCOME ALL THESE OBSTACLES AND SUCCESSFULLY MADE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE." And this is his winning video.



Gahh, I think I've said everything that I wanna say. Well, I try putting more adjectives and make it more beautiful but I think it's unnecessary. Words can't describe how proud I am as a fan to see my idol start from scratch as a pawn shop employee to a true musician. Seeing his journey to becoming the American Idol is just the best thing ever for me. I "fangirled" him more after his winning and actually took every possible picture of him on the internet.

p/s: my twitter background is also him...

No comments:

Post a Comment